Tuesday, October 13, 2009

 Fall Bliss

Here is a few favorite FALL things....
LAYERS
How I EL OHH VEE EE…
LOVE to dress in layers. Sweaters, jackets, scarves, mittens... pile it on! Speaking of wonderful layers… JCREW is killing me this fall. To be totally truthful I haven’t liked their stuff in quite a while. It was boring and tired. Really... tiny pineapples stitched all over pepto pink shorts? That's when they lost me.
But now...WOW...would you just look at these outfits…

And the jewelery…

I’m drooling.
Now to figure out how anyone actually affords this stuff.
DECORATIONS
From October until January my house looks glittery shiny and festive! I’ll be posting some pics of my Halloween decorations soon. They make my home smile. In fact, I think my house morns a little every January when it all comes down. I know I do.

SOUP
Yep, it’s soup season. This is when I start making our favorites in large batches and freezing them for later consumption. A hot bowl of soup with fresh rolls on a chilly fall night… dreamy.
Here is a family favorite recipe. It’s a split pea soup with a twist. Yummers!

Split pea soup with sausage balls
1pound green split peas (2 1/4 cups)
3 quarts water
1 Tbs salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp marjoram (the spice…not butter substitute)
1 pd. Pork sausage
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced carrots
2 cups diced potatoes
Wash split peas, in large pot combine water and seasoning and bring to a boil. Add peas gradually so that the water does not stop boiling. Shape sausage into small balls (about 40) and roll into flour, drop into soup (no need to fry).Cover and simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours until everything is tender. Add veggies cook until tender and serve.
GATHERINGS
It’s beginning of the holiday party season. Family, friends and food… what more do you need?
Well, I guess an outfit from JCREW wouldn’t hurt.

And finally…
HEAT
I love when I can finally turn the heat on in the house. I love the smell of warmth. And I adore curling up on top of a heater vent with a blanket and a book. HEAVEN!

Wonderful, wonderful fall!

1 comment:

  1. I love JCrew, but I'm with you, they lost me for awhile!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like a giant blog tip jar. Not necessary, but they sure make me feel good. Thanks for your thoughts!